Monday, May 15, 2017

The Unknown....


NTA Lobby, 2nd Floor
 It is so amazing to work with people who genuinely care for each other, people you’re comfortable to work with. Tuesday morning while I’m in the lobby of NTA I ask the guard on duty “ Sir, sadino ti office ni Ma’am Marlyn?" To his surprise, he paused for a while and thought. He answered “ Sir, awan ti Ma’am Marlyn ditoy. I insisted, “Adda, daydi kinadwa mi nga maysa nga nagfield idi Thursday last week. He firmly said, “Awan amamok nga kasta a nagan ditoy sir.” From that, I noticed already that there’s something wrong with the names I mentioned in my previous blog (Which I have already corrected. I must have been thinking a lot of thinks that’s why I was not able to remember the real name so with my buddy. Hahahaha). It felt like I was hooked up to The Unknown name that I kept on looking. Hahaha.   

As I enter the FTSD, I greeted everybody "Good morning! (with a smile).” I ask Ma’am Lisa and Sir Erwin if they have read already my blog. They smiled and Ma’am Lisa exclaimed “Sir, didiay Marlyn ket Myrna.” We laughed, and I said sincerely to them "Sorry, ti natandaanan mi ket Ma’am Marlyn. (I guess our memory is not reliable already. Hahahaha. I terribly sorry Ma’am Myrna.)” This confirms the statement of the guard that there is no Ma'am Marlyn in the department so, I immediately changed the name and published it again. While we are having an informal conversation with Ma'am Lisa and Sir Erwin, it did come to my attention the beautiful collage at the back of Ma’am Lisa portraying all the different noble endeavors of the of NTA.

The rest of the week were spent looking for the area where we can focus our research and conceptualizing it to suit the needs of the department. I was caught up again to The Unknown field/area where to focus. After several hours and enlightening conversations with the personnel of FTSD, indeed, I got interested in the idea of using Fuzzy Logic and Image Processing to one of the biggest challenges the farmers, Field Technician and Private Buyers in classifying the cured leaves of tobacco. I was challenged to study on it hoping I could learn to apply it to my chosen area of study. The next day I presented it to Ma'am Kleng, the head of the department and our mentor, and I was surprised how she had shown her interest on the topic. She exclaimed, "Can we/FTSD provide for your needed resources?". I smiled and boldly said "Yes Ma'am the FTSD can provide the resources needed for this study. (In fact, without specifying to them that we are gathering data/information every time we talk to them, they have already given us most of the data/information that we need.) She interestingly said, "When you are ready with your research we will arrange a trip to the NTA main office, and you will present to them your output." I said to myself "WOW" and smiled to Ma'am Kleng and said, "That will be great Ma’am.” Parang lalo akong na-pressure doon. Hahaha. I just hope I could live up to the expectations of those people who had given their trust when they accepted us at NTA.


Let's find out together in my next post.

3 comments:

  1. way to go sir.. Simulan na ang research at nang matapos so it will be presented and be funded :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To shed light on the collage, Sir, it tells of the strenuous yet rewarding activities of tobacco farming: from seedbed preparation and seedbedding, land preparation and transplanting, crop management and maintenance, leaf classification, and ultimately to marketing. The income is not shown :) because it is already in the deepest pouch of the contented farmer' wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Sir Edz, that is an interesting topic. God bless - Jane :)

    ReplyDelete